It’s often been said that the Lutheran Church of Honolulu is the best-kept secret in town. Hopefully that is no longer the case, especially since we have been working hard to publicize the upcoming Mozart Konzerts on Saturday, October 1st (7:30 pm) and Sunday, October 2nd (4:00 pm).
So what do we do to get the word out?
- Bill Potter, the LCH webmaster, updated the church’s website to put the concert on the front page.
- I sent out rounds of news releases to media outlets such as the Star-Advertiser, Honolulu Weekly, Midweek, Hawaii Public Radio, etc.
- Early Music Hawaii created an item on their event calendar for the concert.
- Miguel Felipe designed a classy postcard which was mailed out to over 600 names on the Music Mailing List.
- An email message with details of the concerts was distributed to the members of American Choral Directors Association (ACDA), the American Guild of Organists (AGO), St. Andrew’s Cathedral, Honolulu Symphony Chorus, and supporters of the Honolulu Symphony Musicians.
- Miguel Felipe and Darel Stark will be interviewed by Gene Schiller on Hawaii Public Radio on Friday, September 30th at 9:10 am, 88.1 FM. Don’t forget to tune in!
- Steven Mark of the Honolulu Star-Advertiser newspaper did a video interview of Carl Crosier at the fortepiano. Check tomorrow’s paper to see if the interview got posted.
- Flyers of the concert have been distributed to choir members and others to post around town.
- Miguel created two FaceBook event pages for people to invite their friends.
We also rely on word of mouth, so please do your part to invite your friends to this wonderful program. Tickets may be purchased online at the church’s web page www.lchwelcome.org/music2011.