Okay, you probably didn’t know that I knew this term from basketball? According to Wikipedia, “A full-court press is a basketball term for a defensive style in which the defense applies man-to-man or zone defense to pressure the offensive team the entire length of the court before and after the inbound pass. Some presses attempt to deny the initial inbounds pass and trap ball handlers either in the backcourt or at midcourt.”
What I am referring to, though, is not a “full-court press” in basketball, but a “full-court media press,” all-out effort, all hands on deck campaign to publicize the 40th Anniversary of the Beckerath Organ program, next Sunday, May 24th at 5:00 p.m., with Joey Fala, concert organist.
1. We have already distributed 1000 postcards to several churches and to friends of music of the Lutheran Church of Honolulu.
2. Media press releases have been sent out and calendar items posted to a number of websites, including the church’s, which you can view here.
3. Look in the Star-Advertiser newspaper (May 16, 2015) for a large picture of the organ, Joey, and a news item by Pat Gee. The event has also been posted on Pat’s ByLine Facebook page which you can “Like” or “Share.”
4. Next Wednesday, a little after 9:00 am, Joey Fala will be interviewed by Gene Schiller of Hawaii Public Radio, 88.1 FM. You can also hear the live stream at hawaiipublicradio.org.
5. Next Thursday, HawaiiNewsNow (KGMB – KHNL) will be filming Joey at the Beckerath organ, and the video will be aired on the Sunrise program. After it airs, I’ll post the links to the website.